Goidel & Siegel Bronx Injury Lawyers
Nuestros abogados de lesiones de Goidel & Siegel han representado a clientes en el Bronx y sus alrededores durante más de 30 años.
Services We Offer in the Bronx
Our Goidel & Siegel personal injury offer legal representation to clients injured in work accidents like construction, automotive accidents, sports accidents, security negligence and more. We represent clients with all sorts of injuries that resulted from someone else’s actions including:
- Chemical exposure
- Injuries from falling objects
- Slip, trip and falls,
- Sidewalk accidents
- Dog bites
- Traumatic brain injuries
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, in the workplace or on someone else’s property, our Bronx lawyers can help. Workplace injuries can become complicated and insurance companies will often work against you to lower the payout that you are eligible for. Our personal injury attorneys won’t allow that to happen and will aim to negotiate the largest compensation possible in your case. We offer in person meetings, Zoom and texting for your convenience.
Our Bronx personal injury lawyers at Goidel & Siegel always strive to provide the best, most efficient legal representation for each unique client. We realize the importance of inclusion and provide our services in multiple languages including Russian, Spanish, Farci and Arabic. We also accommodate your schedule and can meet with you in ways that are most convenient for you like Zoom or via text messages.
Our extensive courtroom experience allows us to take on cases against large corporations and insurance companies. Every personal injury attorney, paralegal and other staff members work tirelessly to investigate your case, gather evidence, interview the witnesses and provide the best winning chances for your case. Call us now at (929) 593-2024!
Personal injury lawyers handle just about any case where one person was injured due to another person’s negligence. Examples of cases a New York City lawyer specializing in personal injury may handle include:
If you need a car accident lawyer or any other type of personal injury lawyer, contact Goidel & Siegel Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
- Auto accidents: Car accidents, bus & taxi accidents, motorcycle accidents, train accidents, subway accidents, pedestrian accidents
- Trip & fall: Slip/trip and fall, sidewalk accidents, manhole cover accidents
- Premises liability: Attacked/assaulted on somebody else’s property, school accidents, negligent security, swimming pool accidents, harmful chemicals or materials
- Workplace accidents: Workers’ compensation, construction accidents
- Product liability: Injured due to a defective product
- Medical malpractice: Injured due to negligent medical care
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: Intentional or accidental
- Dog bite and dog attack injuries
If you’ve never needed the assistance of personal injury lawyers before, it can be hard to know where to start to hire one. Whether you need an auto accident lawyer or another type of New York City lawyer specializing in personal injury, here are the general steps you should take:
If you think Goidel & Siegel is the best New York City lawyer for your needs, or if you want to get to know us better to see if we’re right for you, contact us today.
- List your criteria, such as experience (the Goidel & Siegel law firm has more than 30 years of experience), accessibility (meet with Goidel & Siegel lawyers how you like, whether in person, on Zoom, or other forms of communication), languages spoken (in addition to English, our lawyers speak Spanish, Russian, Farsi, and Arabic), and any other factors important to you
- Make a list of lawyers from recommendations, lawyer directories, or a Google search
- Shortlist 3-5 personal injury lawyers
- Call lawyers’ offices to get a feel for whether they’re a good fit for you
- Meet with your top pick to discuss your case
- Sign a contract, making sure you understand the fees involved
Many factors go into determining the amount of a personal injury settlement. At a minimum, a good settlement must cover all past and future injury-related expenses. Some other factors that determine how much of a settlement you may get if you work with a New York City lawyer include:
If you need a car accident lawyer or any other type of personal injury lawyer, contact Goidel & Siegel. Insurance companies and defense counsels take us more seriously because they know we’re willing to go to court if they don’t offer a good settlement.
- The type of accident that caused the injury. Under New York’s no-fault law, auto insurance companies are required to pay up to $50,000 for economic and medical losses, but they don’t provide for pain and suffering, so only permanent injury cases can recover more than $50,000. Injuries caused by things other than auto accidents won’t be affected.
- The type and severity of injuries. Permanent and serious injuries are eligible for higher settlements than injuries a person can recover from.
- Comparable fault. If you are found partially at fault for the accident that caused your injuries, the settlement may be reduced by your percentage of fault.
Personal injury payouts vary widely based on a number of factors, including:
At Goidel & Siegel, our personal injury lawyers have tons of experience getting accident victims the compensation they deserve. Talk to a New York City lawyer by contacting Goidel & Siegel today.
- The severity and type of injuries. Serious or permanent injuries and wrongful death generally qualify for larger payouts than for temporary or minor injuries.
- The type of accident. For car accidents, New York has a no-fault law where motorists are required to carry a minimum of $25,000 or a maximum of $50,000 of Personal Injury Protection insurance. Since insurance will cover those amounts automatically, the rest of your payout will likely be smaller than if you were injured in a non-auto accident.
- Comparable fault. You may be found partially at fault for the accident that caused your injuries. If so, the amount of your payout may be reduced by your percentage of fault.
While it’s difficult to quantify a person’s pain and suffering into a dollar amount, there are two main ways to determine pain and suffering compensation. An experienced auto accident lawyer (such as the personal injury lawyers at Goidel & Siegel) will be able to help you get an idea of how much your pain and suffering may be worth.
In New York, the multiplier method is the more common technique used. With this method, the total amount of economic damages - such as medical bills and lost wages - is multiplied by a number that typically ranges from 1.5 to 5. The more severe the injuries, the higher the multiplier.
The other method for determining pain and suffering is the per diem method, which provides a dollar amount of compensation - usually based on the person’s wages - for each day the victim remains injured.
To discuss your case with a New York City lawyer, contact the experts at Goidel & Siegel today for a free consultation.